Budnitz Bicycles is a small builder of top-end bikes out of Vermont. Here is your opportunity to own one for yourself.
Original MSRP for this bike was once over $5,000 plus tax.
This is a completely Custom Budnitz No. 2 Mountain bike build-up, that was once built as a Gravel Riding / Adventure / Single Track Machine.
The bike is a high-quality build with 4130 Chromoly Steel tubing painted Black Gloss.
It is a size Large with makes it great for anyone 5’10” – 6’2”
Spec highlights include:
– Shimano Alfine Di2 electronic shifting 8 speed with Bluetooth
– Gates Carbon Belt Drive (silent and no grease)
– Race Face forged IRD alloy crank (42 Front Ring / 13 – 46 gear range in the rear)
– Race Face Chester pedals
– 3T Ergonova Pro Bars (46mm wide)
– 3T ARX 2 Pro Stem
– Paul Components Cross Levers / Shimano Alfine Di2 Drop Bar Levers
– TRP HY/RD hydraulic discs
– JagWire Titanium cables.
– Titanium Seatpost
– Budnitz Titanium Fenders
– Titanium Budnitz Badges on the frame
– Chris King headset
– Brooks C-17 Cambium Seat (black)
– Matching Brooks Cambium Bar tape (black)
– Custom Handbuilt Wheels, (blacked out Velocity Blunt 35 Rims, Shimano XT front, Shimano Alfine 8 Speed Di2 rear DT Swiss Double-butted Spokes)
– Maxxis Ikon, 650b x 2.20 Skinwall Tubeless Tires (less than 100 miles on them)
– Spare set of Schwalbe Big Ben 650b x 2.0 (about 125 miles on them)
– Bushnell Featherweight Eccentric Bottom Bracket (EBB)
Here is the deal! I thought that I’d have more time to use this bike, but I don’t. I am spending more time on my road bike 🙁 so it’s in search of a new home where someone will ride it love it deserves.
Here are some reviews:
The the very first thing you notice about the Budnitz is the striking lines. Paul Budnitz, the bike’s author, meticulously engineered the frame to create an appearance that’s as visually intriguing as it is functional… The result is a tough yet elegant city bike that begs to be ridden fast, even in dodgy conditions — Bicycling Magazine
If you’re taking a look to invest in a high-end, all-purpose bicycle with a view to last a lifetime, then feast your eyes on the beautiful lines of the No1 and No2 built by Paul Budnitz — GizMag
It’s a smooth, singletrack slayer that rips and roars through the trees for the rider that wants to look as good as they feel on the trail. Make no mistake, riding this bike is going to gather looks and comments. It’s rugged enough for the dirt, handsome enough to ride into the office and is built with quality components with a view to last a long time. — A Gentleman’s Word
Highly focused on style and comfort, rides like a magic carpet, and oozes quality. It’s a conversation starter and an attention grabber. — Bikerumor
* The bike is also to be had to see and purchase at Big Swinging Cycles in San Francisco.