FUN FACTS, HISTORY, ATTRIBUTES (ie size, year of production, color,scarcity, etc)
WHAT FOLLOWS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING SPECIFIC in this listing.
Captain Action Super Queen 1966 Wonder Woman ORIGINAL BOX
O.K. Superhero fans. Before Mego’s World’s Greatest Super Heroes was even a thought, Ideal’s answer to the ever popular GI Joe, Captain Action was the first action figure that was truly action. Prior to this, superhero figures were relegated to army men type of figures (take a look at the Marx line of statues and Ideal’s own play set figures) and tin wind up toys. Amazingly, Ideal was able to pull off what could be almost impossible today – a cross licensing of characters from both DC, Marvel, and other popular characters (read Green Hornet, Buck Rogers, Lone Ranger, etc).
Considered a companion line to the Captain Action dolls and marketed as probably the most 4 Comic Heroines, Ideal put out 4 Super Queen (as marked on the rear of the boxes) dolls – Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Mera, and Supergirl. Ideal used the same dolls as their Misty doll. Remaining consistent with the way they handled the licensed "boy" characters (where they’d get the character down pat – but then throw in "what were they thinking???" accessories) – Wonder Woman would sport a fairly authentic outfit – but include Captain America’s shield!
This listing is for a near impossible to find ORIGINAL box only. The boxes weren’t designed for storage – so most were tossed upon opening. That fact combined with their limited production run makes this probably the only chance you will get to buy a loose one!
Get yours today!
Please, if you have any questions, email or call us prior to purchase.
Who We Are
L & L Collectables is a small, family run business. We have been buying, selling, and, yes, collecting since the early 80’s. As veterans of ‘local’ toy, doll, and antique shows, we actually miss the human contact so feel free to contact us via email or phone anytime. In the world of collecting, ‘small business’ regularly translates to poor customer service – we hope our eBay feedback demonstrates we all the time do our best to treat our customers as we would like to be treated. Please see our ‘about me’ page for more about us. Please review our policies below.
- Payment is due within 2 days of auction close or date of purchase – EXCEPTION: if payment is snail mailed, we request it to be mailed within 2 business days. Ebay insists on PayPal, but we have no problem with just about any other method. ( Personal cks are held up to 10-15 days to clear.)
- California insists we collect 9.25% sales tax for California residents – unless you’ll be able to provide a valid resale number.
- Paypal payments – we can ONLY ship to shipping address listed on Paypal payment.
We do our best to answer all emails regarding active listings/sold items within one business day. We don’t all the time answer offers to take less (if we wanted to list it for less or with a ‘make offer’ option, we would have) or on closed/sold listings.
Shipping & Handling
We have found that the eBay shipping calculator is regularly incorrect, so don’t count on it as the final word. We only charge exact shipping/insurance costs. Feel free to email if you feel shipping cost showing up is incorrect.
- Paypal payments – we can ONLY ship to shipping address listed on Paypal payment page.
- US buyer pays $30.00 shipping & insurance (required). (Contiguous US Only!). All packages over $500 will require a signature.
- We charge exact shipping charges on all orders – we do not charge packing nor handling fees.
- Combined shipping: Yes, we combine shipping. Please request invoice (or it’ll cost you a little more)
- Shipment method: Items will be shipped either USPS Priority, Parcel, or 1st class (dependent on size/purchase price). If you need a specific method, please let us know and shipping will be adjusted accordingly.
- International buyer pays EXACT shipping & insurance (VAT/Taxes/Duty is the responsibility of the buyer. Please know your own country’s fees for imports).
- Shipping Time: Our normal shipping days are Tuesdays and Fridays. There is a one business day processing time needed for shipments (ie items paid by midnight Sunday will go out Tuesday. We try to get most items paid on Monday shipped on Tuesday – but if time doesn’t permit, please don’t expect package to ship until Friday).
INTERNATIONAL BUYERS ? PLEASE NOTE:
We REALLY love selling internationally. We’ve met many people through the years and many have become our dearest friends. Your business is important and valuable to us. Alternatively, please do not purchase, if you are unable to comply with the following:
WE DO NOT FALSIFY CUSTOMS FORMS.
Please do not ask us to put down a false amount or classify as a gift.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to know and pay all their own country’s duty/import taxes and fees.
Damaged in Shipping/Returns & Refund Policy
Damaged Items: If an item arrived damaged, contact us immediately. Please be sure to retain ALL packaging including the box and packing materials, and we can file an insurance claim for you.
Returns: No returns. Everything is sold AS-IS. Buyer is responsible for reading description and reviewing large pictures provided. The items we sell are vintage collectables so expect natural aging/wear. Alternatively, we can imagine return if there was a significant oversight in listing. Please contact us for authorization. Buyers would be responsible for ALL return shipping and insurance costs. Insurance would be required and must cover the eBay final bid price. Changes of heart (ie buyer’s remorse) will never be a legitimate return reason. We will not imagine for return any ‘sealed’ item which has been open by buyer – regardless of contents. We also reserve the right to charge a 15% restocking fee for returns or order cancellations – at our discretion. We do NOT offer partial refunds.