FUN FACTS, HISTORY, ATTRIBUTES (ie size, year of production, color,scarcity, etc)
WHAT FOLLOWS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING SPECIFIC in this listing.
#7822 MOC Pilot Air Cadet Set
In 1964, the original GI Joe marketing plan was simple. Sell them the doll…err…action figure 🙂 and then sell them plenty of outfit/accessories to go with it. Seems simple today but it was unique in the toys for boys market (but successfully implemented with Mattel’s Barbie 5 years earlier) of the early 1960s. Each item is displayed where it could easily be seen on a store shelf – each one sewn on a card and visible through cello window or seal. In 1967, Hasbro decided to check out a different marketing technic and released the outfits also in colorful photo boxes! This is without doubt one of the sets you could buy to compliment your GI Joe pilot. This particular set contains:
- G.I. Joe® T.M. Action Figure with Painted Hair
- Garrison Cap
- Parade Dress Pants (Tagged “”G.I. JOE® BY HASBRO HONG KONG””) – 2 Snap Fly
- Parade Dress Jacket (Tagged “”G.I. JOE® BY HASBRO HONG KONG””)
- Dress Shoes (Incised “”HASBRO ® HONG KONG””)
- Gold Waist Sash
- Parade Saber and Scabbard
- M-1 Rifle, White
Due to the nature of these window boxes (you’ll’t use them for storage), they are very difficult to find today.
Please, if you have any questions, email or call us prior to purchase.
Who We Are
L & L Collectables is a small, family run business. We have been buying, selling, and, yes, collecting since the early 80’s. As veterans of ‘local’ toy, doll, and antique shows, we in truth miss the human contact so feel free to contact us via email or phone anytime. In the world of collecting, ‘small business’ regularly translates to poor customer service – we hope our eBay feedback demonstrates we at all times do our best to treat our customers as we would like to be treated. Please see our ‘about me’ page for more about us. Please review our policies below.
- Payment is due within 2 days of auction close or date of purchase – EXCEPTION: if payment is snail mailed, we request it to be mailed within 2 business days. Ebay insists on PayPal, but we have no problem with just about any other method. ( Personal cks are held up to 10-15 days to clear.)
- California insists we collect 9.25% sales tax for California residents – unless you’ll provide a valid resale number.
- Paypal payments – we will be able to ONLY ship to shipping address listed on Paypal payment.
We do our best to answer all emails regarding active listings/sold items within one business day. We don’t at all times answer offers to take less (if we wanted to list it for less or with a ‘make offer’ option, we would have) or on closed/sold listings.
Shipping & Handling
We have found that the eBay shipping calculator is regularly incorrect, so don’t count on it as the final word. We only charge exact shipping/insurance costs. Feel free to email if you feel shipping cost showing up is incorrect.
- Paypal payments – we will be able to ONLY ship to shipping address listed on Paypal payment page.
- US buyer pays $32.00 shipping & insurance (required). (Contiguous US Only!). All packages over $500 will require a signature.
- We charge exact shipping charges on all orders – we do not charge packing nor handling fees.
- Combined shipping: Yes, we combine shipping. Please request invoice (or it’s going to cost you a little more)
- Shipment method: Items will be shipped either USPS Priority, Parcel, or 1st class (dependent on size/purchase price). If you need a specific method, please let us know and shipping will be adjusted accordingly.
- International buyer pays EXACT shipping & insurance (VAT/Taxes/Duty is the responsibility of the buyer. Please know your own country’s fees for imports).
- Shipping Time: Our normal shipping days are Tuesdays and Fridays. There is a one business day processing time needed for shipments (ie items paid by midnight Sunday will go out Tuesday. We try to get most items paid on Monday shipped on Tuesday – but if time doesn’t permit, please don’t expect package to ship until Friday).
INTERNATIONAL BUYERS ? PLEASE NOTE:
We REALLY love selling internationally. We’ve met many people through the years and many have become our dearest friends. Your business is important and valuable to us. On the other hand, please do not purchase, if you are unable to comply with the following:
WE DO NOT FALSIFY CUSTOMS FORMS.
Please do not ask us to put down a false amount or classify as a gift.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to know and pay all their own country’s duty/import taxes and fees.
Damaged in Shipping/Returns & Refund Policy
Damaged Items: If an item arrived damaged, contact us immediately. Please be sure to retain ALL packaging including the box and packing materials, and we will be able to file an insurance claim for you.
Returns: No returns. Everything is sold AS-IS. Buyer is responsible for reading description and reviewing large pictures provided. The items we sell are vintage collectables so expect natural aging/wear. On the other hand, we will be able to believe return if there was a significant oversight in listing. Please contact us for authorization. Buyers would be responsible for ALL return shipping and insurance costs. Insurance would be required and must cover the eBay final bid price. Changes of heart (ie buyer’s remorse) will never be a legitimate return reason. We will not believe for return any ‘sealed’ item which has been open by buyer – regardless of contents. We also reserve the right to charge a 15% restocking fee for returns or order cancellations – at our discretion. We do NOT offer partial refunds.