Seamax Professional 2-Part Glue Repair Kit
Choose your Glue Kit for PVC or Hypalon Inflatable Boats
Optional Patch Material – Red, Black, Gray, Dark Gray, 4×6″ & Round 4″ Patches
- Mix 5% hardener (remedy) to the glue before use. Maximum 10% hardener when in Cold Weather 10C-15C or High Humidity 50-75%. Do NOT exceed a mixture of 10% to the glue. M.E.K. is the thinner for PVC glue. If the glue hardens, you’ll be able to add up to 10% MEK to the glue to reactivate the glue.
- Glue mixed with hardener can be kept for up to 6 hours. Glue and hardener sealed in the bottles can be kept up to 3 years. We suggest to use a small painting brush to apply 1-3 layer(s) glue on both material surfaces. Wait 5 minutes between applications to allow glue to dry and then attach the two pieces of material together. After getting applied the patch, work from the center out with something like a teaspoon to force out any air bubbles and then apply pressure to the repaired area for a minimum of 24 hours. Wait 48 hours for the glue to cure before the usage of.
- PVC Glue can be used as one part. For a better result, please do 2 Part glue (glue and hardener) to ensure the overall quality of the repair and extend the life time of the bonding. For any repairs related to air leaks, please use 2 Part Glue.
- Note: Suggested to apply the glue 1-2 layers on new fabric surface; 2-3 layers on old fabric surface; 3-4 layers for wood or plywood surface; 2-3 layers for parts or aluminum surface. (The surface of Hypalon boat fabric has a coating layer, sanding the boat fabric to get rid of this coating is a must before gluing.)
- Only mix the amount of glue you require for the repair. Seal the bottle right away and store it in a cool area so that it can be used again. If the hardener turns to crystals or gets sticky, it is no longer usable. To clean the area that needs to be repaired, use Methyl Hydrate, Acetone or MEK.
the best results when gluing, the relative humidity must be less than 60% and
ambient air temperature must be between 18C to 25C (65 F to 77F) and not in
direct sunlight. Clean the patching area on the boat as well as the contact
side of the patch, it is best to use M.E.K. (Methyl Ethel Ketone) patching
solvent and cleaner. Keep solvent off skin. After applying the solvent, you
will notice that the area will grow to be tacky. This tackiness ensures good glue
Seamax Shipping Service
- We will be able to ship out your order by most couriers, truck freight, air freight and post service depending the order;
- Courier Shipment transit time is about 3 – 8 business days within USA & Canada after you place the order;
- Shipping to Yukon, Northwest Territory and Nunavut has additional shipping charge from $15;
- Shipments to (USA) Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands has additional shipping charge from $20;
- International buyer is welcome. Contact Seamax Marine if any questions. 1-877-907-7766.
Thanks for visiting Seamax eBay Store.